tisdag 17 april 2012

The ever growing pile!

There are a couple of new releases out there that get my panties in a bunch, so to speak. My only regret is that the ever growing pile of to-read books is increasing so fast I barely have time to open the last book before another load wells up. Like so many before me I face the reality of having to either impose a certain kind of structure or risk being trampled in the stampede.

I struggle to make sense of all the new talent cropping up, as well as all the distinguished writers that I just haven't gotten around to, and arranging them into a manageable order. Normally books that follow in a series would take precedent over novels if I had begun the series beforehand, but now that you've begun a couple of series that look like they will take some time to finish on the author's side of things I think I need to re-evaluate some of them. Trying to categorize everything and setting a reading schedule seems a roundabout way of getting things done but at the moment it seems the only way out.
So for the price of pain-ease, here goes:

Must read
Orb Sceptre Throne | Ian Cameron Esslemont
A Path to Coldness of Heart | Glen Cook

Highly rated
Throne of the Crescent Moon | Saladin Ahmed
Scourge of the Betrayer | Jeff Salyards
Railsea | China Miéville
The Dragon's Path | Daniel Abraham
The Winds of Khalakovo | Bradley P. Beaulieu

And that's not mentioning the wide back catalogue of stuff that you never seem to get around to nor the fact that I already have one pile lying around awaiting perusal. Negative reviews on the reputedly slow pace of Embassytown didn't help it's case even with a couple of award-nominations so it's slipped a bit. But I still have Mark Hodder's The Strange Affair of Spring-heeled Jack as well as The Curious Case of the Clockwork Man. There's also Stephen Deas in the pile with the Adamantine Palace and then the high-paced Druss-clone Kell's Legend from Andy Remic.

Any suggestions on where to go once I finish the Cold Commands?

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar